Monday, March 9, 2015

It's been a loong time... Good and bad partings and how to deal with them.

"Oh... It's you. It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead."


The first thing we hear the main antagonist of the Portal series in the second installment is a pretty good way to describe how I have been over the past year or so. So I'm not going to go into detail other than I'm back.

          And with that, it brings up the subject. How do you get in touch with someone which you haven't spoken to in a long time? It depends on how you left. Was it on good terms? Great, just get yourself caught back up with them by asking what they've been up to since you last saw them and what they're doing now for starters and work from there. Did you leave on bad terms? Is it too soon or such that you probably shouldn't try catching up? If so the only thing you can do really is ask for their forgiveness and leave it at that, give them some space and hope for the best after that. Which is hard, I know, but that's really all you can do.

          I've been on both sides of having people come back into my life that I did and didn't want to, as well as getting back with people with good and bad partings, and it can be hard. A huge part of it is knowing how the other person thinks, but a good way to go is to follow the K.I.S.S. principle, Keep It Simple Stupid, stupid being addressed to self as you don't want to overload both yourself and especially the other person whatever the situation may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment